Created in 2004, the Marie and Alain Philippson Chair aims at enhancing awareness and understanding of Sustainable Human Development (SHD) through the development of an international centre of expertise in the field of managing for SHD, focusing on social entrepreneurship.
The Chair is funded by Marie et Alain Philippson and works in collaboration with the Marie and Alain Philippson Foundation, supporting social entrepreneurs in Central and Western Africa.
Axes of the Chair's action
- Teaching : Courses seminars and coaching of final dissertations
- Corporate Fellowship Programme (CFP) : Create a dynamic partnership between students and Multinational Companies (MNCs) working in the south, to allow the students to concretely understand how SHD can be fostered by MNCs and to give MNCs the opportunity to get inputs from young future managers.
- Research : Bring SHD at the forefront of the global agenda and study innovative solutions fostering SHD in Africa.
- Organisation workshops and seminars
- Partners and Network : Set up bridges between students, academics, MNCs in developing countries, Non-Governemental Organisations, multilateral and governmental organisations and to guide students on career opportunities in the SHD sector
!! News !!
- There are 3 scholarships for the Corporate Fellowship Program in 2011.
- Durabilis (in Sénagal or Mali)
- Promasidor (in Algeria)
- Finasucre (in DR Congo)
- You can download the presentation and milestones of the CFP here. Deadline for application is April 8, 2011 @ philippson-chair [at] solvay [dot] edu.